Dining Out in Golden Bay
Golden Bay has a extensive variety of restaurants and cafes, with many of them situated in unique and interesting locations.
- Just 3km from Adrift in Golden Bay, is the Mussel Inn - one of New Zealand's most iconic cafes/boutique breweries/music venues. Known for it's unique atmosphere, world class home-brewed beers and a variety of visiting musicians, from folk to jazz. The fare is simple and wholesome.
- The Naked Possum, 20min drive north-west of Adrift, at the beginning of the Kaituna walking track, is another unique rural cafe with a great daytime menu and an outdoor spit-roast some evenings.
- The Farewell Spit Cafe, 30 min north of Adrift, at the base of the Farewell Spit has possibly one of the most stunning views of any cafe in New Zealand.
- In Takaka, 15min drive to the south, there are at least 10 places to eat, including take-aways, cafes, restaurants and a bakery.
- Collingwood, 8min drive north has 4 cafes and a bakery and is the home to Rosy Glow Chocolates.
- Pohara, in the southern part of Golden Bay and 20min drive away has 5-6 eateries, two of which have a set menu for evening dining.
- There are also several other rural cafes scattered throughout Golden Bay.
- Our central location makes it possible to drive to almost all of these eateries in 30 minutes or less.
- For more information on places to eat and drink in Golden Bay, please see here
For our guests wanting to self-cater on the barbeques provided with each accommodation or in the well equipped kitchens (cottages only), there is a large, well stocked supermarket in Takaka which is open 7 days a week (until 8pm during the summer), which you will pass by on the drive to arrive at Adrift in Golden Bay.