Notes on Rates
For an instant, on-line quote or to make a reservation, please go to our Availability and Bookings page. Any seasonal and long-stay discounts will be applied.
Our aim is to provide value for your money
We are able to do this, we hope, because:
- We have always embraced the "farmers market" philosophy in our past and present businesses, encouraging direct sales and forming a lasting relationship directly with our customers. Therefore almost all of our bookings are made directly with us and we will always quote our very best prices on this (our own) website. If you are booking a vacation in New Zealand through an agent and wish to stay at Adrift, you will probably need to book directly with us. Unlike most accommodation providers, we do not usually take agent booking, particularly in our high-season, as we would then need to increase our prices by 20 -25% to allow for agent commissions. (We also find communicating through a third person (the travel agent) can sometimes be problematic.
- Adrift in Golden Bay is run almost entirely by members of our family who all aim to bring you the very best in personal service and most importantly, we enjoy what we do!
- We purchased this, our family property, more than 27 years ago when waterfront properties in Golden Bay cost a fraction of their present value.
- Over time we hope to eliminate expenses that do nothing to "add value" to your experience but rather spend money on continuing to develop our beach front retreat as a place which will bring relaxation, enjoyment and leave nothing but happy memories.
Seasonal Discounts and Longer Stay Discounts
Peak Season: a discount of roughly 10% is given on stays of 7 days or longer. We are normally close to 100% fully booked well in advance but do offer "Last Minute Specials" of 10-20% discount on some remaining dates.
Shoulder Season: approximately 30% discount on the Cottage rate and 20% on The Studio rate, plus an additional discount of approximately 10% is given on stays of 7 days or longer.
Low Season: almost 50% discount on the Cottage rate and 30% on The Studio, plus an additional discount of approximately 10% on stays of 7 days or more.
- All dates in our "2013 and 2014 low season" will not be showing any availability as we are closing for some rebuilding.
- Some dates have a minimum stay requirement. As the date gets closer this requirement is reduced so that usually within the last 7 - 14 days we accept 1-night bookings.
- If you wish to stay for a shorter time and cannot make a booking, please e-mail us or "send an enquiry" from the link on the booking page. We can then advise you if and when a shorter booking might be possible. We respond to all enquiries, usually within 12 hours.
- Shorter stays may be slightly more expensive to allow for the extra cleaning cost involved in extra turn-overs.
- To check if we are full on any particular night, view our "Availability Calender" on the Availability and Bookings page.
- Our aim is to provide you with a tranquil and relaxed environment. We therefore only accept children 12 years of age and over. The cost in this case is the same as an adult guest.
- We do not allow dogs or other pets in any of the accommodation. Good kennel facilities are available in Golden Bay for those travelling with pets that wish to stay.
- Christmas Day - we do not do any check-ins, check-outs or servicing on Christmas Day. Please also note that travelling in New Zealand on Christmas day can be more difficult; almost all cafes and even most supermarkets and gas stations are closed.
- 25th January 2014 - we are having a family wedding so will not be taking bookings that arrive/depart on this day.
- The cottages cost between NZ$200 and NZ$530 per night, depending on the season, length of stay, and which cottage.
- The cottages are designed as a luxurious accommodation for two people, but can accommodate an extra person sleeping on a comfortable pull-out couch settee in the living room. The cost for the extra guest is NZ$80/night and includes extra breakfast provisions, linen and towels.
The Studio Rates
The cost of The Studio for two people varies between NZ$190 and NZ$320 per night, depending on the season and length of stay.