A self-contained, beachfront room for two...
Features & Facilities:
- Just 30 metres from the beach with stunning sea views over Golden Bay, The Studio is a purpose built, 25 square metre addition to our home. Please note, there is NO KITCHEN in The Studio
- A Super-king bed (can be split into two singles if required) faces out to sea through a large picture window. Quality linen, electric blankets (at cooler times of year), bathrobes and beach towels are provided.
- A tiled, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower, heated towel rail, bathroom heater, Egyptian cotton bath towels and locally produced artisan toiletries.
- A comfortable living area , with armchairs, flat-screen TV, DVD player and iPod docking station opens to the outdoor terrace through a sliding door.
- Outdoor space is generous, with a 16 square metre deck (terrace) at the front facing out to the beach, equipped with quality wooden outdoor dining furniture and sun umbrella. Ample lawn space at the front is furnished with cushioned wooden sun loungers. A pathway leads down from The Studio lawn to the sandy beach.
- Tea & coffee facilities include a fridge, kettle, toaster, crockery, cutlery and glassware. Milk, a selection of teas and freshly ground organic, fair trade coffee are provided and replenished daily as required.
- If you'd prefer not to dine out, an outdoor gas hooded Weber barbecue is available on the terrace for alfresco catering.
- "Quiet Zone" sound insulated walls.
- Handicap accessible. Private entrance.
- Polished Eucalyptus floor and locally hand-crafted furniture.
- A daily hamper of provisions for a Continental Breakfast and daily room servicing is included.
- Unlimited Wifi included.
Not what you're looking for? View our Cottages here >
View our Beachfront Resort Layout here >
Adrift in Golden Bay has five luxury, 1-bedroom holiday cottages. All of the cottages are of the same design and have the same facilities, differing only in their outlook and proximity to the beach...
(Scroll down for Cottage views)
Features & Facilities:
- All cottages have one bedroom with a split-king bed (can be made as a king or two singles) that faces out towards the sea through bi-fold windows and is supplied with high-quality linen, a mattress topper, bathrobes and beach towels.
- The cottages are designed as a luxurious accommodation for two, but with the addition of a double sofa-bed in the living room, can accommodate a third person if necessary.
- The spacious, open-plan living/dining room has quality dining furniture, a comfortable sofa, armchair, coffee table, flat-screen TV, DVD player and iPod docking station. Bi-fold doors open outdoors to connect the living room and the deck.
- Private outdoor space is generous, with a large 20 square metre deck at the front of each cottage facing out to the beach, equipped with quality wooden outdoor dining furniture, sun umbrella and sun loungers, a large enclosed courtyard with a gas Weber barbecue at the back, and ample lawn space at the front.
- The kitchen includes a 4-burner gas cook-top, full-sized refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle, blender, cookware, crockery, cutlery, & glassware. A hooded Weber barbecue is located in the cottage courtyard, for alfresco catering. Milk, a selection of teas and freshly ground organic, fair trade coffee are provided and replenished daily as required.
- The stylish, tiled bathroom features a large two-person 18-jet hydro-therapy spa bath, shower over bath, under-floor heating, heated towel rail, Egyptian cotton bath towels, hairdryer and locally produced artisan toiletries.
- The cottages have a large indoor floor area (45 square metres), a deck facing the beach (20 square metres) , and an enclosed courtyard at the rear, with the addition of at least 200 square metres of private lawn at the front of each cottage.
- Privacy has been a major consideration. With this in mind, the cottages have no side windows and each deck is screened from the deck of the adjacent cottage.
- The floors are solid Eucalyptus; the Lawson Cyprus ceilings have exposed Douglas Fir rafters. All woods are plantation grown - we have avoided the use of native timbers (please see our Environment Initiatives page if you're interested in reading more on this).
- A daily hamper of breakfast provisions for an English or Continental Breakfast and optional daily room servicing is included in all rates.
- Unlimited WiFi included.
Choosing your Cottage:
- All of our Cottages have views over the beach and Golden Bay.
- All of the cottage decks get sun from sunrise or early morning until mid afternoon.
Situated across a trickling stream, with it's own private lawn stretching down approximately 30 metres to the beach, the Honeymoon Cottage has breathtaking views over Golden Bay. The most secluded with (arguably) the most stunning view.
Approximately 30 metres from the beach, our two Beachfront Cottages share a front lawn but with careful planning and landscaping, remain private. Expansive views over Golden Bay.
Approximately 80 metres from the beach, our two Beachview Cottages are nestled on either side of a spring-fed trickling stream and are surrounded by lush garden. Both are slightly elevated for a view of the sea.
Not what you're looking for? View The Studio here >
View our Resort Layout here >
Two types of accommodation are available at Adrift in Golden Bay:
- All accommodations look out over the clear, blue, sheltered waters of Golden Bay.
- Careful planning and landscaping have maintained guest privacy in each accommodation; each unit has its own path down to our private beach, except the two Beachview Cottages, which share a beach path.
- Adrift caters only to adults and children over 12 years of age.
- All accommodations are non-smoking, but guests may smoke outside.
- View our Beachfront Resort Layout here >
Adrift accommodation has been created as a small, peaceful eco-resort so you can enjoy the natural, restful sounds of birdsong, waves laping on our sandy beach and our trickling stream.
We discourage the use of motorised water or beach craft and frequent use of helicopters.
The closest public road is 1 km away so there is no traffic noise.
All heating has been chosen to be totally silent in operation, In summer, sea breezes and ceiling fans provide natural air-conditioning.
Additional Facilities (free of charge):
- In-room, property-wide broadband internet (WiFi)
- Satellite Freeview TV only, however if you have a Sky TV subscription at home in New Zealand, bring your Sky TV smart card as our new decoders will take these and should allow you to watch your paid channels.
- Self service laundry (limited hours)
- Two single and a double kayak and a stand-up paddle-board for you to enjoy on our sheltered waters